To celebrate, honour, and share Indigenous culture and history, the London Arts Council (LAC) and The City of London invite Indigenous Artists/Creators to submit expressions of interest (EOI) to be considered for the Indigenous Public Art Mural Project at the East Lions Community Centre.
Indigenous Artists/Creators 18 years of age or older who reside in cities, counties, regions, and First Nations located throughout Southwestern Ontario (excluding Greater Toronto Hamilton Area) are invited to apply.
Submissions are now closed.
Examples of East Lions Community Centre Mural Space:
The Total budget for this mural is $14,000
· A minimum of two (2) and a maximum of five (5) previously completed mural project images to be submitted.
· A minimum of three (3) and a maximum of six (6) other supporting materials that best demonstrate your artistic style and creative process to be submitted.
· A description of proposed design concept using the theme “Firekeeper”, open to your interpretation to be submitted.
· One (1) preliminary conceptual sketch of your proposed design to be accompanied with the proposed design concept description.
· Artwork(s) must be the original artwork and the sole intellectual property of the artist/creator, with no copyright infringements. Please refer to the Canadian Intellectual Property Office website link for clarification on copyright:
To see the full information package, please download: You MUST read the following information package before applying.
Artists/Creators wishing to be considered must complete all application requirements. Please complete all required fields of the online application form and submit the required application documents.
Incomplete and/or late applications will not be accepted. Applications submitted through other means, such as fax, mail, and email will not be accepted. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure the application is submitted by the deadline.
For any questions regarding this project, please email: email@example.com
For any Call to Artists updates please check the website at www.londonarts.ca
If you require support to complete this application due to accessibility barriers, please reach out to Janet Antone, Specialist, Cultivating Allyship: firstname.lastname@example.org